Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Thing 2 - Twitter and RSS

I have re-activated my twitter account after 2 years of absence. Must admit "Hashtag" is totally new to me, ie. adding #mvlibs at the end of tweet, very good idea! btw did you see the twitter updates on the right hand side of my blog? For a while now the link was broken but hey I've managed to have it fixed...tweet tweet.

Re. RSS ? Umm...touched on in web 2.0 learning 4 years ago. Heavily used it in the beginning, but die down after a while (information overload I guess, difficult to keep up), even more so after Twitter and Facebook came into play.

Ok, like it or not, I have to start again just for the sake of completing this activity. The Reading Room blog is now on my subscription list. Having been exposed to rss feeds before, I find it very useful in terms of keeping me up-to-date with my topics of interest. Eg.RDA, Libraries Australia, ALIA, Cataloguing Interest Group etc....

No comments: