Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thing 3 - ebooks and eAudiobooks

I have successfully logged in to the eAudiobooks account with Bolinda (just entered my library card no.) and placed my reservation using my ipad. Disappointingly, I couldn't downnload straight onto this device. argh!

Anyway, just to show you this is the email I received from Bolinda:
Your loan was successful!
To download your eAudiobook, Death Before Wicket by Kerry Greenwood, follow the link:
https://fe.bolindadigital.com/wldcs_bol_fo/b2i/myLoansPage.html?b2bSite=1505&id=76124
The loan period is from 11/03/2012 to 24/03/2012.
Ok I've downloaded this title to my PC, will transfer to my Samsung Galaxy when I have time or do I have time? It says due 24/3/12. My question is...Does this refer to the date one must download the file? Then once transferred to my mp3 player or smart phone, I can keep the story for good?

umm...I don't really like ClipperEBSCOhost as there are a lot more steps involved eg: ‘Create a New Account’as oppose to just log in with our library card. You also need to install the Download Manager Software...all too hard! Maybe others disagree?

2 comments:

Erin Stewart said...

Bolinda let slip last year that they are in the process of creating the app to allow direct download to Apple devices so watch that space for even easier access on that front.

catlib said...

Thanks Erin for the update, you are a champ! :)